How to get a library card & PIN Number
To open up a library card, fill out an application at the Circulation Desk and provide proof of your current address and a picture ID. Patrons under 14 years old will require a parent or guardian signature to obtain a library card. Your default PIN number will be the last 4 digits of the phone number attached to your account. To change your PIN, log in to your account from the SAILS Library Network page.
If you registered online, stop by the building during open hours and pick up your card. Make sure to bring a picture ID and proof of address. You can register for a card online through the SAILS Library Network registration page.
When you register for your new card at the Library, you’ll decide between email and text notification. The Library will send overdue notices, availability of holds, and information on fines to your email address or phone number.
Renewing and Returning Items
As long as no one else is waiting on the same item, check outs can be renewed in person, over the phone, or through the SAILS Catalog. Most items can be returned to the book drop or the circulation desk. Some items, such as DVDs, sound recordings, electronics, or items from the Library of Things collection should not be returned in the book drop.
Replacing a Library Card
To replace a library card, stop by the Library and visit the circulation desk. There is a $1.00 charge for a replacement of lost or damaged cards.
The Plympton Public Library is a member of the SAILS Library Network. Any resident of the state of Massachusetts may apply for a library card at the Plympton Public Library provided they are in good standing in this or any other library.• Loss of borrowing privileges in Plympton and the SAILS Network may result from recurring damage to items, or failure to pay repair or replacement costs for any library items.
• This Library does not provide public use rights for borrowed videos and DVDs.
• The Library does not censure materials for patrons. Selection is a personal matter. Parents must take responsibility for their children’s selections.
Loan periods, fees, and fines
• Most items at the Library have a 2 or 4 week circulation period. Make sure to check your receipt to see the exact due date.
• Overdue fines are only charged on videos and DVDs. For each day the Library is open and an item is delinquent, there is a $1.00 per day fee charged per title.
• Failure to return a museum pass will result in a fine of $5.00 per day, beginning with the opening of the next business day.
• If the museum pass is lost or stolen, the borrower is responsible for the replacement fee charged by the museum.
• There are no restrictions on the number of items taken out at one time. However, the Library reserves the right to impose a limit on materials for any reason.
If the item you want is not in the SAILS network, you can still request it through the Massachusetts Commonwealth Catalog. If you need help using the Commonwealth Catalog, please email our circulation desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 781-585-4551
*For a full copy of the Plympton Public Library Circulation policy, please contact us or visit the Library.